WattUp Wireless Charging Technology from Energous Showcased in Multiple Partner Products at CES 2017
Early-adopters Spanning the Consumer, IoT, Healthcare and Financial Services Sectors Showcase Their Products With WattUp Wireless Charging at CES 2017
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 01/04/17 -- Energous Corporation (NASDAQ: WATT), the developer of WattUp®, a revolutionary wire-free charging technology that provides over-the-air power at a distance, today announced that multiple partners will be unveiling products incorporating WattUp wireless charging at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. Energous is paving the path for its vision of a ubiquitous wireless-charging ecosystem and these partner installations represent a significant feat in terms of market readiness and adoption, consumer demand and ecosystem development.
"Consistent with our business forecast, five consumer product companies and one medical device company will be unveiling WattUp-enabled products at CES. This is yet another major milestone for Energous that puts the company squarely on the path to generating significant revenues in 2017," said Stephen R. Rizzone, president and CEO of Energous. "Working with these innovative and agile partners, as well as a number of others who will be making similar announcements in the coming months, represents the first phase of our vision of building a WattUp ecosystem that will fundamentally change how people charge many different electronics including mobile and IoT devices."
Devices integrated with WattUp receiver technology can seamlessly transition from being charged by small, contact-based, portable transmitters, to forthcoming larger transmitters that offer charging at-a-distance of up to 15 feet. This scalable technology creates an ecosystem of products that are compatible, complimentary and provide seamless charging experiences at home, in the office, in the car and beyond.
Partner products being unveiled at CES include:
- Chipolo Plus Gen 2 is the world's loudest Bluetooth tracker, making it ideal for users to track items like a wallet, luggage, keys, phone and more. Chipolo Plus Gen 2 is the first tracking device with built-in wireless charging capabilities powered by the WattUp technology.
- Chipolo Sticker is the world's smallest wireless tracking device, which is perfectly suited for items that have a smaller surface area. The technology will also be equipped with a wireless charging feature from WattUp.
CVR Global Inc./CVR Medical Corp.
- CVR Medical Corporation in conjunction with CVR Global Inc., will be showcasing the Carotid Stenotic Scan (CSS), its patented and sub-sonic sound analysis technology that detects and diagnoses atherosclerosis and stenosis within the human arterial system, quickly arming clinicians with information to assist in improving clinical outcomes related to cardiovascular disease. The WattUp receiver technology will be integrated into the device's sensor array, while the cart, which will contain the charging cradle, will contain the WattUp transmitter technology.
- PERI MicroPack provides a rapid 700mAh charge to any micro-USB port, and is the first-ever power dongle that can be recharged wirelessly.
Sejin Electronic Inc.
- Sejin Electronic Inc., will be showcasing a universal Miniature WattUp transmitter at Energous' suite at CES.
- SK Telesys hearing aid will feature wireless charging from WattUp that enables SK Telesys to close out the charging port to make the hearing aid completely waterproof.
- SK Telesys smart ID card will feature its proprietary Real Identity technology that requires fingerprint identification before usage. Consumers will also be able to recharge their smart IDs using the miniature WattUp transmitter.
Tactual Labs Co.
- Tactual's Prism Pen™ featuring its breakthrough Prism™ single-sensor solution for touch and pen enables multiple users and pens to be simultaneously sensed and uniquely identified at near-zero latency. The Prism Pen™ will be equipped with fast, easy WattUp wire-free charging.
"Energous is at the forefront of the wireless charging movement with technology that is poised to change the way we interact with and use gadgets," said Tadej Jevsevar, CEO and co-founder of Chipolo. "Integrating the WattUp technology into Chipolo Plus Gen 2 and Chipolo Sticker is extremely valuable as it enables us to continue to make our products more user-friendly and gives us a leg up over competitors. We are thrilled to work with a company that shares our commitment and vision in challenging the ordinary and finding simple solutions to everyday problems."
About Energous Corporation
Energous Corporation is the developer of WattUp® -- an award-winning, wire-free charging technology that will transform the way consumers and industries charge and power electronic devices at home, in the office, in the car and beyond. WattUp is a revolutionary radio frequency (RF) based charging solution that delivers intelligent, scalable power via radio bands, similar to a Wi-Fi router. WattUp differs from older wireless charging systems in that it delivers contained power, at a distance, to multiple devices -- thus resulting in a wire-free experience that saves users from having to remember to plug in their devices. For more information, please visit Energous.com, or follow Energous on Twitter and Facebook.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, that are intended to be covered by the "safe harbor" created by those sections. Forward-looking statements, which are based on certain assumptions and describe our future plans, strategies and expectations, can generally be identified by the use of forward-looking terms such as "believe," "expect," "may," "will," "should," "could," "seek," "intend," "plan," "estimate," "anticipate" or other comparable terms. All statements in this release that are not based on historical fact are "forward-looking statements." Examples of forward-looking statements include, among others, statements we make regarding expectations for future revenue, market developments, technological advances, anticipated results of our development efforts, and the timing for receipt of required regulatory approvals and product launches. While management has based any forward-looking statements included in this release on its current expectations, the information on which such expectations were based may change. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause our actual results and financial condition to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements include, among others, the following: our ability to develop a commercially feasible technology; receipt of necessary regulatory approvals; our ability to find and maintain development partners and licensees, market acceptance of our technology, the amount and nature of competition in our industry; our ability to protect our intellectual property; and the other risks and uncertainties described in the Risk Factors and in Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations sections of our most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. We urge you to consider those risks and uncertainties in evaluating our forward-looking statements. We caution readers not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, we disclaim any obligation or undertaking to publicly release any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statement contained herein (or elsewhere) to reflect any change in our expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Source: Energous Corporation
Released January 4, 2017